Sunday, May 15, 2011
Chocolate tart recipe
Dessert Recipes: The home of delicious dessert recipes invites you to try Chocolate tart recipe. Enjoy quick & easy desserts for Valentine's day and learn how to make Chocolate tart.
Treat your Valentine to a sinfully delicious chocolate tart topped with juicy raspberries.
Ingredients (serves 8)
125g chilled butter
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/3 cup (60g) icing sugar mixture
1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
1 egg yolk
Raspberries, to serve
Thin cream, to serve
Chocolate custard filling
4 egg yolks
1 tbs custard powder
2 tbs caster sugar
200g dark chocolate, chopped
300ml thin cream
1 cup (250ml) milk
1. Place the butter, flour, icing sugar, almond meal and cocoa powder in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and process until mixture just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until almost smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C. Roll pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 4mm-thick disc. Line the base and side of a 23cm (base measurement) round, fluted tart tin with removable base. Use a sharp knife to trim the edges. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
3. Place the tart tin on an oven tray. Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with rice or beans. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the rice or beans and bake for a further 5 minutes or until pastry is just cooked through. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C.
4. Meanwhile, to make the filling, combine the yolks, custard powder and sugar in a saucepan. Add the chocolate, cream and milk and place over low heat. Cook, occasionally whisking with a balloon whisk, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
5. Pour the chocolate custard mixture into the pastry case. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until custard is just set. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Place in the fridge to chill.
6. Place on a serving plate. Top with raspberries and serve with thin cream.
Notebook: - April 2009, Page 156
Recipe by Sarah Hobbs
More Dessert Recipes:
Banana and cinnamon cupcakes
Honey and hazelnut cupcakes
Save and share chocolate tart recipe
To share this recipe with your family and friends, click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.