Friday, January 21, 2011
Mega cupcake recipe
Dessert Recipes: The home of delicious dessert recipes invites you to try Mega cupcake recipe. Enjoy quick & easy desserts for every occasion and learn how to make Mega cupcake.
Equipment: You'll need a 25cm round cake board
Ingredients (serves 20)
3 x 340g packets golden buttercake
180g butter, softened
2 1/4 cups milk
1 quantity butter cream icing (see related recipe)
pink food colouring
2 tablespoons pink and silver cachous
250g pink musk sticks
15 pink licorice allsort minis
1/4 cup fairy dust sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease two 8 cup-capacity metal pudding steamers. Make packet cakes following packet directions. Divide batter between prepared steamers. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
2. Make butter cream icing: Using a serrated knife, trim 3cm from base (wide end) of 1 cake (see box above right). Trim 2cm from top (narrow end) of remaining cake (this will be the cupcake top). Sandwich together using a little icing. Place cakes on a board.
3. Transfer half the icing to a bowl. Tint remaining icing pink. Spread one-third of cake bottom with plain icing. Spread pink icing over top of cake. Place a border of cachous around edge of pink icing.
4. Reserve 2 musk sticks. Cut remaining sticks in half. Arrange around cake base.
5. Cut remaining musk sticks into 5mm pieces. Top pink icing with sprinkles. Arrange licorice around top of cake. Place musk stick pieces in centre. Serve.
Using a serrated knife, trim 3cm from base (wide end) of 1 cake. Trim 2cm from top (narrow end) of remaining cake: see technique picture here. Sandwich cakes together with icing as shown in main picture.
Super Food Ideas - March 2009, Page 85
Recipe by Liz Macri
More Cupcake Recipes:
Chocolate mud cupcakes
Chocolate fudge cupcakes
Chocolate & vanilla cupcakes
Save and share Mega cupcake recipe
To share this recipe with your family and friends, click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.