Friday, January 21, 2011
Cupcake flowers recipe
The home of delicious dessert recipes invites you to try Cupcake flowers recipe. Enjoy quick & easy desserts for every occasion and learn how to make Cupcake flowers.
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 orange, rind finely grated
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup milk
453g tub vanilla frosting (we used Betty Crocker brand)
icing flowers (we used Green's brand) and coloured sprinkles, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line one 12-hole, 1/3-cup capacity patty pan with paper cases.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl until pale and creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add orange rind and beat until combined.
4. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Fold in flour alternately with milk until mixture is just smooth. Spoon mixture into patty cases until three-quarters full. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of one comes out clean. Remove from oven. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Spread cupcakes with frosting. Place 1 icing flower in the centre of each cupcake. Top with sprinkles.
Cupcakes can be made a day in advance. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Super Food Ideas - September 2007, Page 84
Recipe by Kerrie Ray
More Cupcake Recipes:
Chocolate mud cupcakes
Chocolate fudge cupcakes
Chocolate & vanilla cupcakes
Warm raspberry cupcakes with orange sugar drizzle
Save and share Cupcake flowers recipe
To share this recipe with your family and friends, click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.