Monday, May 16, 2011
Chocolate caramel brownie hearts recipe
Dessert Recipes: The home of delicious dessert recipes invites you to try Chocolate caramel brownie hearts recipe. Enjoy quick & easy desserts for every occasion and learn how to make Chocolate caramel brownie hearts.
Indulge in some Valentine's Day romance with these sweet treats sure to melt hearts.
150g butter, chopped
180g dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
220g-block caramello chocolate, frozen, chopped (see tip)
Cocoa powder, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang a long ends.
2. Place butter and dark chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Whisk eggs into chocolate mixture until combined. Add sifted flour and cocoa. Whisk to combine. Fold in caramello chocolate. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is firm to touch.
4. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Using a 5cm heart-shaped cutter, cut brownie shapes. Serve dusted with cocoa powder.
Tip: Freezing the chocolate makes chopping the chocolate into squares easier and ensures whole chunks of caramel in the brownies.
Taste.com.au - February 9, 2010, Page 8
Recipe by Kim Coverdale
More Dessert Recipes:
Banana and cinnamon cupcakes
Honey and hazelnut cupcakes
Save and share Chocolate caramel brownie hearts
To share this recipe with your family and friends, click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.