Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Chocolate brownie cake recipe
Dessert Recipes: The home of delicious dessert recipes invites you to try Chocolate brownie cake recipe. Enjoy quick & easy desserts for every occasion and learn how to make Chocolate brownie cake.
Get kids cooking at the weekend by baking this yummy brownie cake, much better than shop bought.
Serves 6 - 8
Prep 15 mins
175g caster sugar
75g brown or muscovado sugar
125g chocolate (plain or milk)
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract /essence
100g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
2. Place the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, chocolate and golden syrup in the pan and melt gently on a low heat until it is smooth and lump-free.
3. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Break the eggs into the bowl and whisk with the fork until light and frothy. 5 Add the eggs, vanilla extract or essence, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Put the mixture into the greased and lined cake tin and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins.
6. Remove and allow to cool for 20-30 mins before cutting into wedges and serving.
7. Serve with cream or ice cream and plenty of fresh fruit.
Nutrition per serving
500 kcalories, protein 5g, carbohydrate 73g, fat 23 g, saturated fat 13g, fibre 1g, sugar 59g, salt 0.5 g
Recipe from Good Food magazine, March 2007.
More Dessert Recipes:
Angel Berry Trifle
Chocolate mousse cake
Chocolate caramel tart
The ultimate banana pancakes
Honey and hazelnut cupcakes
Save and share Chocolate brownie cake recipe
To share this recipe with your family and friends, click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.